Be part of the next big thing in travel and join Zizoo, the world’s leading boat holiday platform. Named one of Forbes’ top ‘Travel Tech Startups Taking Europe by Storm’, Zizoo is bringing boat holidays to the mass market, offering over 30,000 boat products across 500+ destinations worldwide. Zizoo’s unique business model and tech suite sets it apart from the competition by monopolising supply and demand while offering a seamless booking experience to the end customer. Backed by Europe's leading tech investors, Zizoo’s team is growing fast as we continue to transform the travel industry.
Our new PHP Back-End Engineer has to be a PHP and Symphony buff, a data-driven motivated “machine” that turns Club Matte into code but always interested in taking his coding skills to the next level. If this sounds like you, you’re the one we want!
Please note, we are looking for candidates available to start on 1st October 2019. We are unable to support with work permits so eligibility to work in Germany is essential.
Your Role and Focus:
- Working in cross functional agile teams
- Working equally on new features and fixing bugs
- Working primarily on the back-end, but sometimes on the front-end too
- Creating APIs
- Contribute to quarterly roadmap planning
- Actively partaking in and contributing to the development methodologies put in place by the team.
- Actively partaking in code reviews
- Getting things done!
- 5+ years experience in PHP, Composer, GIT.
- 1+ year(s) experience in using HTML/CSS, JS/jQuery, Bootstrap or equivalents
- 1+ year(s) experience in Symfony 3/4, Doctrine, Twig
- 1+ year(s) experience developing with Docker
- Experience in writing Microservices.
- Understanding of modern web stacks (linux, caching, load balancing, etc.).
- Ability to work with modern libraries as well as homebrewed code
- Interest in keeping up to date with the latest technology and understanding of the upgrade path required for implementation on production applications
- Experience working in an agile environment where we release multiple times a day, as well as working with feature branches
- Very good English written and verbal communication skills
- Great team spirit
- Passionate about unit tests (big bonus)
- Experience in AWS Ecosystem (big bonus)
What Zizoo offers:
- A data-driven environment where good ideas flourish. Got a good idea? We’ll test it!
- Supportive training and learning opportunities.
- Growth opportunities within the role, company and geographies
- Competitive salary package.
- Flat office hierarchy and international team (+17 nationalities).
- A really awesome office in Kreuzberg with snacks all day + drinks on Friday.
- A fun, sun-and-beach-themed work and office culture.
- Team building events.
If this position excites you then please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org