Get ready (and get excited!) for sailing in 2021 with our calendar guide on the best sailing destinations per month — twelve months of the year, twelve fantastic locations to visit on a boat holiday.
Where to go sailing in 2021
- January – Martinique
- February – The Bahamas
- March – The BVI
- April – Greece
- May – Seychelles
- June – Italy
- July – Sweden
- August – Croatia
- September – The USA
- October – Turkey
- November – Thailand
- December – Antigua and Barbuda
Where to take a sailing holiday in January:
Kick off the year with a Caribbean sailing holiday in Martinique: sandy beaches, stunning scenery, and superb weather for escaping the winter cold.
- Les Salines beach
- The Islet of Chevalier
- The canyon at Fort-de-France
Average daily high/low temperatures: 83°F/73°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in February: The Bahamas
February is within The Bahamas’ dry season, making it the perfect time to enjoy this ecological oasis known for its crystal-clear waters and laid-back vacation vibes.
- The pineapple fields and pink-sand beaches of Eleuthera
- The tropical, bright city life of Nassau
- Sunken ships and forest-like coral reefs
Average daily high/low temperatures: 78°F/67°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in March:
The British Virgin Islands
60 pristine Caribbean islands offer the perfect March getaway with endless blue skies, inviting waters, and chill beach-side dining spots.
- Island hopping from Tortola
- Diving at the wreck of the RMS Rhone
- The Baths on Virgin Gorda
Average daily high/low temperatures: 84°F/74°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in April: Greece
As April marks the start of Greece’s sailing season, you’ll beat the summer crowds but still enjoy lovely sailing conditions, plus that famous Hellenic Mediterranean culture.
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites in cities including Athens and Rhodes
- Traditional fishing villages in the Cyclades
- Countless beautiful beaches
Average daily high/low temperatures (Athens): 72°F/54°
Where to take a sailing holiday in May:
Head to Seychelles in May for ideal sailing conditions. Swimming and snorkeling are also superb at the start of the month, while the natural beauty of the islands is breathtaking year-round.
- Exquisite white sandy beaches
- Arulmigu Navasakthi Vinayagar Temple in Victoria
- Morne Seychellois National Park
Average daily high/low temperatures: 85°F/79°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in June:
Italy in June is unbeatable: warm weather, thinner crowds, and everything that makes the “Bel Paese” a sailing holiday dream, from diverse coastal landscapes to Neapolitan-style pizza.
- Calabria’s beaches, especially Capo Vaticano
- Flowers in bloom on Sardinia
- The ruins of Pompeii
Average daily high/low temperatures (Calabria): 84°F/72°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in July:
For a sailing trip that combines an agreeable Scandinavian lifestyle with unspoiled coastlines, celebrated Nordic seafood, and seemingly never-ending daylight, head to Sweden in July.
- The capital city of Stockholm
- Historic Visby on the island of Gotland
- The Gulf of Bothnia
Average daily high/low temperatures: 71°F/55°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in August:
With its 1,000 islands, rich cultural heritage, and postcard-perfect seascapes, cityscapes, and landscapes, Croatia is easily one of our top destinations for sailing — and there’s no better time to visit than late summer.
- The beautiful cities of Dubrovnik and Split
- Kornati National Park
- Spectacular array of diverse beaches
Average daily high/low temperatures: 84°F/65°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in September:
Early fall is a great time for a US sailing holiday, whether you’re looking to experience New England’s brilliant foliage or to draw out the summertime in the Gulf of Mexico’s sunshine.
- Palm-lined beaches of the Florida Keys
- Lobster fishing ports in Maine
- Whale watching in Northern California
Average daily high/low temperatures (Florida Keys): 87°F/79°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in October:
Between the incomparable beauty of the Mediterranean and Aegean Seas and Turkey’s vibrant culture, the “Turquoise Coast” in October makes for a fantastic sailing trip.
- Butterfly Valley
- The bustling capital of Istanbul
- Snorkeling in Hidayet Bay
Average daily high/low temperatures: 71°F/58°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in November:
There are many reasons to visit Thailand in November — the balmy weather and dry season make for enjoyable sailing, while the Loi Krathong Festival and blooming of the Bua Tong Blossom Fields make the month truly special.
- Patong on Phuket Island
- Ko Samet Island near Bangkok
- Spas at Ko Samui
Average daily high/low temperatures: 87°F/76°F
Where to take a sailing holiday in December:
Antigua and Barbuda
Finish off a year of sailing in 2021 by relaxing in a Caribbean paradise complete with a tropical climate, dazzling blue-green waters, and beaches as soft and white as powdered sugar.
- Frigate Bird sanctuary in Barbuda
- Swimming with stingrays in Antigua
- Antigua rainforest canopy
Average daily high/low temperatures: 83°F/75°F
Enjoy your holidays sailing in 2021
And there you have it — our list of the best sailing destinations per month. We wish you a happy year of sailing!